I am a big believer in visual aids. That said, I was just alerted to a really great visual aid for gemming gear. I get a lot of emails asking for gearing or rotation help and I love getting these and helping out. I just wish I had the visual aid over at Strayegg.com! I recommend swinging by and bookmarking this image because it's a great guide!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Moonkin Gem Selection
EDIT: Welcome WoW.com folks! But give credit where credit is due: This is not my original work. It belongs to Aeiedil over at Strayegg.com. See the link below.
I am a big believer in visual aids. That said, I was just alerted to a really great visual aid for gemming gear. I get a lot of emails asking for gearing or rotation help and I love getting these and helping out. I just wish I had the visual aid over at Strayegg.com! I recommend swinging by and bookmarking this image because it's a great guide!

Note: This is not the advice that I give players when I audit their gear. However, I base my advice on their individual stats and pieces.
I am a big believer in visual aids. That said, I was just alerted to a really great visual aid for gemming gear. I get a lot of emails asking for gearing or rotation help and I love getting these and helping out. I just wish I had the visual aid over at Strayegg.com! I recommend swinging by and bookmarking this image because it's a great guide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Nice flowchart with one minor error. Once you're soft-capped for crit, reckless becomes better than potent again. I'm also skeptical of purifieds being worthwhile even with an 8+ SP bonus, but I haven't done the math on that.
On followup, you're right about the purified. It's equal to a runed with an 8SP bonus, and better beyond that. Never really thought about that, I guess.
Like I said, I found this flow chart on another blog and thought it a stellar starting point for a gemming guide. It's not intended for the high end-end raiding moonkin.
Gday all,
I just thought I'd call on by seeing as it was my flow chart. Initially the chart was, as Maestro says, not intended for a high end Moonkin. It's more meant as a guide for the uninformed fresh(ish) Moonkin who will not be touching the crit soft cap.
The reason for Purifieds being optimal over Runed in the instances that there is that kind of spell power bonus is due to the 30% spirit->spell power conversion making up for the shortfall of 5 or so spell power. I'm assuming due to the follow-up comment that is what you have realised. Possible exception to this may be instances where you already have 2 blue gems and an item (i.e. Mag'hari staff) has many blue sockets only, which would mean straight Runed would be more beneficial.
Anyway, due to how easy ICC seems to make soft-capping crit I may update my chart a bit. Because Maestro has hot-linked my image rather than use his own bandwidth it will update if I update mine.
- Aeiedil, Strayegg.com
It turns out I'd already updated the chart but it had got lost in server transfers, I've re-updated the uploaded chart now so the Crit cap now features (albeit a rough crit cap rather than a precise one)
- Aeiedil, Strayegg.com
Awesome! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for making what I think is a great starter guide for moonkin gemming. Maybe I just like flow charts, but it's so much nicer than when I write it out in words.
Post a Comment